St. Rita High School expects it students to be dressed for academic work. Just as in the business world, where proper dress is demanded for the job, so, too, is proper dress required for school. This is a time for work and not for play. This means that beginning with orientation day and during school hours, St. Rita men are to remain in dress code at all times, i.e., in the classroom, in the hallways, and in the dining hall.
The Dean has final say with regard to appropriate interpretation of the dress code.
- Men must wear the recognized official St. Rita High School polo shirt.
- Only solid white undershirts may be worn under the polo.
- Only the official St. Rita pullover windshirt will be allowed to be worn over the polo shirt. The collar of the polo shirt must be visible over the collar of the windshirt. (Windshirts can be purchased in the Mustang store.)
- NO sweatshirts will be allowed to be worn during school.
Long sleeve shirts are never to be worn under the polo shirt at any time.
- Dress pants are mandatory. Dress pants of the following colors only will be worn by St. Rita students: black, brown, gray, navy blue, beige or tan.
- Dress belts are mandatory.
- Dress pants may not have patches or rips, pockets below the hip, or rivets.
- Cargo pants and carpenter pants will not be worn.
- Chains are not allowed.
- Denim or denim-type pants will not be worn.
- Pants may not be worn low on the hip below the waist.
- Sandals may be worn as long as they have the proper backing; NO flip-flops.
Shorts may be worn from the beginning of school until the end of the first quarter and during the month of May.
- ONLY LIGHT-TAN KHAKI, DOCKER-TYPE, SHORTS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- Dress belts must be worn.
- The official St. Rita polo will be worn, tucked in, with the shorts.
- Athletic shoes may be worn only if you are wearing shorts.
- No cargo or carpenter shorts will be worn.
- Denim or denim-type shorts are not allowed.
- Shorts may not be ripped or frayed in any way, shape or form.
St. Rita students may wear black or brown dress shoes, preferably with soft soles and heels, unless wearing shorts (see above guidelines).
- Shoes must be tied and laces must be brown or black.
- Any athletic shoe or shoe with an athletic insignia or logo is prohibited except in the gym during P.E. class.
- Boots (anything worn above the ankle) must be completely laced and always neat looking.
- Socks must be worn.
- Students who need to wear a different shoe because of foot injury/surgery, etc., should bring a note to the Dean of Men requesting permission prior to attending class.
- No tags of any kind are to be hanging off of shoes or shoelaces.
Men must keep their hair neat and clean.
- Hair may not touch the collar, hang over the ears or be longer than three inches (3”) in length.
- “TAILS” may not be worn, nor may hair be pinned up in the back. Sideburns cannot be cut higher than the top of the ear. Absolutely NO lines or designs are allowed cut into the side, back or any part of the hair.
- Hair must be cut so that it blends naturally throughout the head.
- Only one single part is permitted on the crown of the head.
- Hair may not be dyed or braided.
- ST. RITA MEN MUST BE CLEAN SHAVEN AT ALL TIMES.
- NO MUSTACHE OR FACIAL HAIR OF ANY STYLE IS ALLOWED.
- SIDEBURNS MAY NOT EXTEND BELOW THE EARLOBE.
The wearing of earrings, or any other item in the ear, is prohibited in and around the school. This includes attaching the earring to any part of your clothing.
Neckwear, other than the Kairos Cross, must be worn inside the shirt.
JACKETS MUST BE KEPT IN THE LOCKER DURING REGULAR SCHOOLHOURS.
The school will take no responsibility for the cleaning or replacement of any leather or other expensive piece of clothing that is brought to school. (Starter Jackets, etc.)
Book bags must be kept in the student’s locker during regular school hours.
THE SCHOOL ALSO PROHIBITS:
ANY OUTLANDISH IRREGULAR OR FADDISH CLOTHING, HAIRSTYLES, PIERCINGS OR APPAREL. TATTOOS ARE NEVER TO BE VISIBLE AND MUST BE COMPLETELY COVERED BY A SHIRT. STUDENT’S WILL RECEIVE AN AFTER SCHOOL DETENTION FOR VIOLATION OF SCHOOL REGULATIONS. THESE RULES ARE IN EFFECT EACH AND EVERY DAY SCHOOL IS IN SESSION.
UPON ENTERING THE BUILDING, THE NO’S ARE:
• HATS • EARRINGS • HAIR PICKS • BANDANNAS • SUNGLASSES • CELL PHONES • POCKET CHAINS • COLORED OR DESIGNED T-SHIRTS • BEEPERS (BEEPERS ARE FORBIDDEN ANYWHERE ON SCHOOL PROPERTY.
Teachers should remind students that jackets and book bags are to be kept in their lockers for reasons of safety and security. If classrooms are chilly, only school or approved sweatshirts/sweaters may be worn. Students in violation of this policy will receive an after school detention.
THESE REGULATIONS ARE IN EFFECT EACH AND EVERY DAY SCHOOL IS IN SESSION, BEGINNING WITH ORIENTATION DAY.
The registration of a student at St. Rita High School is an expressed agreement on his part and on the part of his parents or guardian to comply with the regulations of the school. The school reserves the right to review unsatisfactory conduct of a student with a view to his being suspended or dismissed.