News and Activities
The St. Rita Fathers’ Club meets year round on the 2nd Wednesday of every month. Meetings held May through September take place outside by the football stadium concession stand. During the colder months, meetings are held inside the school. Our meetings always have outstanding complimentary food and beverages. Dinner is served at 6:30 p.m., with a meeting starting at 7:30 p.m.
Activities and functions of the Fathers’ Club include:
- Staffing the concession stand for all football games.
- Providing concessions for other athletic events as needed.
- Ushering all home basketball games and the McGovern Classic.
- Participating in school open houses and other events.
- Working in conjunction with the Mothers’ Club and its events.
- Supporting extracurricular events, the International Exchange Program, etc.
- Assisting with school functions when called upon.
The Fathers’ Club also sponsors five Family Masses throughout the year. The Fathers’ Club cooks and serves a hot breakfast before each of these Masses and serves all who attend.
Two of the Family Masses are Heeney Award Masses. At these Masses the Fathers’ Club awards a $50 check to each straight “A” student from the previous semester. The other Masses sponsored are the Alumni Mass, Father/Son Mass, and the Mass welcoming incoming freshman families.
Your attendance and participation at our meetings and events is critical, because it offers us the opportunity as a group to plan for success!
See you at the next meeting!!